It was a gamble to try this as a club for the upcoming summer league, we’re happy to call it a success!
We had previous season A and B Division players back together for an exhibition match, new people down to check it out and participate in field player and goalie basic training, open scratch match and a speed shooting competition providing the entertainment off-court.
Congratulations to Glen Hollands and Peta Campbell who won the speed shooting competition with fastest Mens and Womens shots of 126km/h and 85km/h, free club registration for you 🙂
To everyone who made the day possible:
- Previous season players for making yourself available and supporting/participating in the various sessions throughout the day
- Sandra Geddes and Jo Van Uden for manning the registration table during our demo game (on short notice!)
- Surya Selvakumar for manning the speed shooting comp during our demo game
- Stacey Siroen for lending goal keeping gear and personally delivering
- William Beddoes for arriving early to set up the audio equipment and music
- Brooke & Tom Howard for manning the scorers bench during the game
- Matt Murray & Cameron Creagh for running the player development training sessions
- Vlad Plocek for running dedicated goal keeper training
- Peta Campbell for the support from start to finish
- Hannah Hollands for coordinating the equipment and s
- Liam Kay and Luca Ray-Hills for refereeing the demo game
- Jason Petty for filling-in our vacant goalie position for the demo game
- FloorballWA for lending the rink, goals and banners
- Pirates Floorball Club for lending extra sticks and shooter net
Sorry if we haven’t written your name, contributions no matter how small are appreciated, thanking for supporting the day to help us promote not just registration for the upcoming season but the sport in general.
REGISTRATION DAY ORIGINAL POST
Last year saw two mixed divisions; the A Division with WA’s top 5 teams, and the B Division with 9 teams. This 2016-17 season Floorball WA is mixing things up, for the better, introducing a dedicated Mens, Womens and Mixed League to expand the sport and provide additional avenues for new players. We’re up to the challenge of providing a team in each division.
Keen to give it a go? Make sure to attend our registration day to not only register, but also participate in various sessions organised to help you understand the basics of floorball, work on your ball control, shooting skills, and most of all get in to a game! Activities to suit new and existing players.
We’ll also have a mini practice court set up for the whole time with a speed shooting competition! Leader board with fastest Mens and Womens shots, the winner of each taking home free club registration!
REGISTER Saturday, August 13
When: 1:00PM to 5:00PM
Where: South Lake Leisure Centre (Google Maps)
Cost: No cost to participate!
Main Court Schedule
1:00PM | Demonstration Game
2015/16 Summer League A Division and B Division players uniting for an intra-club floorball demonstration match with 3 x 15 minute periods. Come and watch before getting in to activities below.
2:00PM | Basics for Floorball Players & Goal Keepers
Parallel sessions for interested field players and goal keepers by Western Wolves Floorball Club A Division players who have recently represented Australia in the National Mens Team. Floorball sticks and goalie equipment provided.
Field players will learn the basics of stick handling and ball control, this session is hosted by Matt Murray who was recently away for the Asia and Oceania Qualifications 2016 and Cameron Creagh who won the prestigious Wolflow award for Wolves MVP in the 2015/16 Summer League.
Interested Goal Keepers have the opportunity to learn basic positioning, movement & techniques by the Australian Mens and Western Wolves A Division goal keeper Mira Plocek.
2:30PM | Shooting Workshop
Following the basics in the earlier session, field players and goal keepers joining in various drills to focus on the different shooting techniques.
3:00PM | Open game
Make sure to stick around for a proper floorball game, open to all players who have participated in previous sessions to start putting it all together.
4:30PM | Penalty Shoot-out
Let’s get in to some 1-on-1 penalty shootouts before wrapping up the registration day.
Check out our Beginners Guide To Floorball to see what all the craze is about:
2015-16 A Division Team (missing: Blaise Hodges, Liam Creagh, Michael Nicoli)
2015-16 B Division Team (missing: Tristan Fazio, Kristee Jolly)