Save the date! WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 28
The Perth Summer League is the pinnacle of Floorball in WA, as the competition has expanded we’re proud to have grown in order to provide competition avenues for players of all skill levels. Not to long ago dedicated Mens, Womens and Mixed Divisions were introduced expanding the sport with lots of new players. A big step forward which has been successful for Floorball WA and we’re up to the challenge of providing a team in each division once again.
Keen to give it a go? Make sure to attend our registration day to not only register, but also participate in a full-court game of floorball and various sessions organised to help you understand the basics of floorball, work on your ball control, shooting skills, or have some fun with our speed shooting and penalty shoot-out competition. Activities to suit new and existing players.
REGISTER WEDNESDAY, August 28
When: 6:30PM to 9:00PM
Where: Lumen Christi College (Google Maps)
Cost: No cost if registering! :O
Main Court Schedule
6:30PM | Basics for Floorball Players & Goal Keepers
Parallel sessions for interested field players and goal keepers. Field players will learn the basics of stick handling and ball control through various beginner level drills. Goal Keepers have the opportunity to learn basic positioning, movement & techniques. Floorball sticks and goalie equipment provided.
7:00PM | Shooting Drills
Following the basics in the earlier session, field players and goal keepers will join together in various drills to focus on the different shooting techniques.
7:30PM | Open Game
Make sure to stick around for a proper floorball game, open to all re-registering players and new players who have participated in previous sessions to start putting it all together.
8:30PM | Penalty Shoot-out
Let’s get in to some 1-on-1 penalty shootouts before wrapping up the registration day, winners of the Mens and Womens take home a free #wolfpack membership ($60!).
- The season starts October and runs through until March, playing every weekend (Saturday or Sunday).
- Home & Away team structures, therefore game locations will vary (North/South).
- We estimate there to be 16 rounds for each division, depending on number of teams.
- Proposed structure by Floorball WA for this season (TBC):
- Mens Division 1 & 2
- Womens Division 1
- Mixed Division 1
- Following the registration day on August 28th, we’ll start training the following week (Wednesday 4th September) as it’s not long until the season starts mid-October!
- Minimum expectation is one scheduled club training per week (unless arrangements are made with the club, as this is to benefit everyone).
- Our first training will be at Lumen Christi College (where we’ve held our social floorball during the off-season), this replaces our social floorball unfortunately, so make sure to jump onboard!
- We will hold two training sessions during our 3 hour court booking (6:30PM to 9:30PM), alternating teams between the early and late sessions to make it as fair as possible.
One season fee for full time players, giving you 6 months worth of floorball with no weekly game fees (unlike other sports)! Floorball is a lot cheaper and more accessible, making it great for you to play as your main sport or an off-season sport to compliment.
Part 1 | #Wolfpack Senior Membership
- Minimum Upfront Payment: $60
- Helping to cover basic costs, trainings leading up to the season, and giving you full voting rights as a #Wolfpack member!
Part 2 | Your Wolfpack Shirt
- For new players or existing players who’d like a new shirt
- Shirt cost is $35
Part 3 | Season Fees for 2019/20 Season
|The standard membership for all players. Covering all your games, trainings, club equipment and coaching, from the start to the end of the season!
Division 1 Players: We’ll need you to referee at least once, sorry.
|Can’t commit to games on the weekend but would still like to train? Register for a training only membership covering you for weekly club trainings over the entire season (~30). Training only is a special case and please confirm with a committee member first.||$125|
|Pay-As-You-Go to participate in Wolves club trainings. If you select this option 3 trainings are included within the #Wolfpack Senior Membership fee. Training only is a special case and please confirm with a committee member first.||$10 per training|
Example 1: Total Full Season fees for an Existing Wolves Player will be $60 + $280 = $340.
Example 2: Total Full Season fees for a New Wolves Player will be $60 + $35 + $280 = $375.
Part 4 | State Player Registration
- Required for every Summer League Player, outside our control, sorry.
- $51.20 for Seniors (15 & above) and $25.75 for Juniors (14 & below).
- Please visit the Floorball WA website to register before the start of the season.
Grass roots floorball, keeping it real and about the players.
Oh, by the way, we have a kick-ass end of season function (WOLFLOW, 2019).
Follow our Facebook page and Facebook event to stay updated.
Check out our Beginners Guide To Floorball to see what all the craze is about:
Registrations will require a code of conduct to be signed, required to be in place by the club which aligns with the Australian Floorball Association (AFA) requirements. This year registrations will be online and signed digitally.